2020 Election Dates

2/18/2020 - Spring Primary
4/7/2020 - Spring Election
8/11/2020 - Partisan Primary
11/3/2020 - General Election

2019 February Election Results

Click here to view the election results on the County Clerk's page.

Provisional Ballot Totals from the Most Recent Election

Click here to view the provisional ballot totals.


If there are any questions regarding what ward you are in, review the Ward Map.


Click here to visit a state website that answers all questions related to photo ID; acceptable types, and how to get a free state ID card, even if you don't have a birth certificate.

Click here if you don’t have certain documents, like a birth certificate, as you can still get a free state of Wisconsin ID card for voting from the DMV. This website explains how.


April 2nd Spring Election: in-person absentee voting will take place March 13th through March 28th at Town Hall M-F from 8a.m. - 4:30 pm, with hours extended March 29th from 8am - 5pm. There is no in-person absentee voting the day before the Election (April 1st).

Click here for the Absentee Ballot Application EL-121.
Click here for the Voter Registration form EL-131.
Click here to request an absentee ballot through the MyVote Wisconsin website. You must be a registered voter to do so.

Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. If you are not already registered, you must first register to vote before an absentee ballot can be sent to you. All requests for an absentee ballot must be in writing by the elector.

You may request the ballot at Town Hall or mail the completed application to the Town Clerk at Cedarburg Town Hall, 1293 Washington Ave. Cedarburg, WI 53012. Upon receipt of your application form, a ballot will be mailed to you with return postage included. Ballots cannot be hand carried out of the Town Clerk's Office. The deadline for requesting an absentee ballot by mail is 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the Election (Military and Indefinitely Confined voters may request a ballot up until 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the Election).
Absentee voting is also available in the Town Clerk’s Office weekdays as listed below.

POLLING LOCATIONS (Polls are open from 7am to 8pm statewide)

Wards 1, 2, 3, 4 vote at Town Hall, 1293 Washington Avenue
Wards 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 vote at Circle B, 6261 State Highway 60

If there are any questions regarding what ward you are in, review the Ward Map.

VOTER REGISTRATION / Now Available Online

Click here for the Paper Voter Registration form EL-131.
Click here to visit MyVote Wisconsin and register online.

In order to be eligible to vote, one must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Be age 18 or older on or before Election Day
  • Have resided in the Town for 10 consecutive days, with no present intent to move

If you have an address or name since you last voted, you must complete a new registration. You can check on your current voter registration status by going to http://myvote.wi.gov or contacting Town Hall.

Federal law requires voters with a driver's license to use that number for registration. The State system cross-checks the D.L. number with Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) records to ensure the person listed with that number is the same person registering to vote.


You can mail in your registration information to the Town of Cedarburg, 1293 Washington Ave. (Mailed registration forms must be postmarked no later than the 20th day before the election for which you intend to vote). Voters who register or re-register in their clerk's office, by mail, or at the polling place on Election Day will be asked to list their driver's license number on the registration form.

All voter registrations must include a document establishing their proof of residence. The requirement applies to all electors who are not military or permanent overseas electors. If proof of residence is not submitted, the application cannot be processed.

The following are examples of proof of residence:

  • A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license
  • A current and valid Wisconsin identification card
  • A university, college or technical college identification card that contains a photograph of the card holder; only if the voter provides a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months or the institute provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk.
  • An identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the cardholder, but not including a business card
  • A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day (excludes first time voters registering by mail)
  • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
  • Gas, electric, or telephone (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day
  • A bank statement
  • A current paycheck
  • Check or other document issued by a unit of the government


You can register at Town Hall Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm. If you are registering less than 20 days prior to a scheduled election, you are required to register in person at the Clerk's Office at Town Hall and provide an acceptable Proof of Residency document (see above) with your full name and address on it. If you are registering less than 20 days prior to a scheduled election you may not register by mail.


You can also register at the polling place on Election day by completing the Voter Registration Application in the presence of an Election Inspector. You must provide Proof of Residence (see above) that contains your current and complete name and current and complete address.


Complete Federal Post Card application (FPCA) (click here) to request an absentee ballot and to register or you may send a letter requesting an absentee ballot including an original signature of voter, city address, and mailing address. If you are not registered, you must also submit a Voter Registration Application form GAB-131. Overseas electors receive ballots for federal offices only. An absentee ballot request from an overseas elector is effective for two successive general elections.


Complete Federal Post Card application (FPCA) (click here) to request an absentee ballot. Military electors are not required to register. Submit FPCA or completed Absentee Ballot Application form GAB 121 Application for Absentee Ballot, or mail, fax or e-mail a letter requesting an absentee ballot including an original signature of voter, city address, and mailing address. Military electors may receive a ballot for all offices on a ballot.


For election questions, please call Town Hall at (262) 377-4509 or email Assistant Administrator/Clerk Eric Ryer at eryer@town.cedarburg.wi.us.