The Town of Cedarburg is open for business and eager to work with developers and business owners. The heart of the Town's business community is the Five Corners business district along State Road 60. Over 20,000 vehicles travel through this area daily and is ideally situated between Interstate 43 and Highway 45. Commercial, residential and mixed-use developments are well-suited for this area. Our economic profile illustrates the Town's unique attributes.
The Town offers excellent opportunities to grow or expand a business. For starters, the tax rate hasn't increased over the last eight years. To view available properties, click here.
The Town recognizes that each development project has its own unique challenges. To help address these challenges, the Town is offering a toolbox approach whereby one or more of the following incentives may be offered:
- Below-market land prices for Town-owned property
- Low or no interest loans (see below)
- Zoning and Town Code adjustments
- Refund of property taxes
- Construct or financially support infrastructure
- Expedited development/plan review and approval process
- Utility assistance
- Access & use of offsite storm water facilities
- Town staff assistance with regulatory agencies
- Town staff assistance with common area maintenance
- Grant for facade improvements or signage
- Shared parking on Town-owned property
- Ozaukee County Revolving Loan Fund
Business Development Loan Program
The Town created the Business Development Loan Program in 2013 with Port Washington State Bank to support & promote business growth. This program provides below market rates (currently 2%) and favorable terms for new and existing businesses. To learn more, contact Tim Rhode, Administrator, or click here for the loan application.
In-House Commercial Building Plan Review
The Town took steps in early 2015 to reduce the typical wait time for commercial building plan reviews. Beginning in March 2015, the Towns building inspector, rather than the State of Wisconsin, will now perform commercial building plan reviews and inspections for small building projects (new buildings and their additions totaling not more than 50,000 cubic feet and alterations affecting not more than 100,000 cubic feet). Switching the plan review to "in-house" will reduce the typical wait time from 3-5 weeks to about 1 week.
- Henke & Associates
- Eernisse Funeral Homes
- Circle "B" Recreation
- "My relocation experience to Cedarburg has been nothing but positive from the very beginning." - Bigler Sports Inc.
- "It has been a pleasure to work with a community so supportive of our vision for the property." - Oxbo 9, LLC.
- Watch a video on how the Town partnered with Henke & Associates to relocate to the Town.